#SMCHAT is one of several hundred twitter chat communities that have sprung up over the last few years. It’s basically a way to have conversations with twitter.
As our name implies, we’re exploring the evolution of Social Media. For 2012 we are running 4 discrete “series” which run on specific weeks each month:
- 1st WEDS Mobility w/ several mods including @smsjoe & @autom8
- 2nd WEDS Customer Service w/ Amber @ambercleveland
- 3rd WEDS Marketing w/ Sharon @sharonmostyn
- 4th WEDS Social Change w/ Rabia @realize_ink
- 5th WEDS (when there is one) is a bit of a grab bag, giving us a chance focus on new topics, introduce guest speakers, or discuss key SM trends; have an idea? reach out to host/founder Chris Jones @sourcepov
By twitter convention, we use a common hashtag, in our case #SMCHAT, so that tweets will be shared for those who want to be a part of our weekly virtual conversation. Most use TweetChat, TweetGrid, or a column in TweetDeck to track the dialog. The first two listed provide the added benefit of embedding the hashtag in your tweets automatically, so you don’t forget.
All you need to do is show up with your ideas, each Wednesday, 1pET.
Lurking (aka just watching) is fine. But we suggest you jump in to the Q&A.
And don’t forget to follow those you meet who have something insightful to say. Building your social network is one of the more powerful ways to use twitter. Hope to see you at an upcoming chat.
Thanks for stopping by our new site.
Chris Jones, Charlotte NC – SMCHAT & ECOSYS Founder, aka @sourcepov