Customer Service and Social Media, the two not only go hand in hand more often, they are virtually inseparable. The sticky point is that many organizations were not prepared to come to this juncture so quickly and have not determined the best way for the two to marry. As organizations scramble to decide where Social Media belongs, they also have to take a look at legacy Customer Service Departments. How can those departments evolve to meet the expectations of your customers?
There is no one size fits all solution and it is impossible to answer every question on this topic. However, during this week’s #SMChat at 1pm ET, May 11th, we will work on answering the following questions:
- How do you define your customer’s current expectations for customer service?
- Which social media channels are critical for your business to provide customer service?
- How do you create expectations for customer service via social media channels?
- What would prompt you to recommend that a company NOT use social media as mechanism to provide customer service?
- BONUS QUESTION (time permitting) – At what point should a publicly initiated customer service issue, be moved to a private forum?
I hope that you will be able to join the chat as we work together to do what is best for customers, yours and mine.