Customer Service and Social Media are a powerful combination. However, many organizations focus on the marketing aspect of social media and overlook the inclusion of their customer service departments. When than happens, it is only a matter of time before it becomes publicly apparent. It is fairly easy to see which organizations take a strategic approach that includes multiple internal competencies and those that do not. (How many times have you received one answer to a customer service situation using traditional channels and an opposing answer using social media channels?) Internal disconnects can become external issues, but this can be avoided by strategic planning and evolution.
During this week’s #SMChat at 1pm ET, April 11th, we will work on answering the following questions:
- How does your organization evolve to meet the needs of your customers?
- What is the best way to insure the continuity of the brand regardless of the channels used to serve the customers?
- How do you enhance traditional customer service departments by including social media?
- What additional training needs may need to be met to support the evolution of including social media in customer service?
- What would prompt you to recommend that a company NOT use social media as mechanism to provide customer service?
I hope that you will join the conversation to discuss our monthly #SMChat feature of Customer Service and Social Media.