When I think of social media and email combined, one name comes immediately to mind: DJ Waldow. The Social Butterfly Guy, DJ is the Founder and CEO of Waldow Social, a consultancy which helps companies get the $40.56 in email marketing ROI estimated by the Direct Marketing Association. DJ’s outgoing personality and general likability let him get away with breaking the “rules” of email and social that others are afraid to even test.
Along with social media legend and founder of Social Media Explorer, Jason Falls, DJ has co-authored The Rebel’s Guide to Email Marketing which unveils secrets to breaking the rules and growing your email list. DJ will be giving away a signed copy of The Rebel’s Guide to Email Marketing to one lucky #smchat participant and another contributor to the #smchat conversation will receive an Email Marketing Made Simple course. The two winners will be chosen at random and announced at the end of the chat.
- What makes an email shareworthy on social media and why?
- Why is asking email subscribers to connect on social networking sites so important?
- How is using email and social combined a part of a larger overall marketing strategy?
- Chris Penn talks about NOT sharing your email newsletters on social media – do you agree?
- What is the most unexpected rule that you recommend breaking and why?
Join us at the #smchat Twitter chat on Wednesday, December 19, 2012 at 1P ET to learn the answers to these questions and provide questions and insights of your own! Have a question or insight and just can’t wait until Wednesday? Please feel free to post in the comments below!