About a month ago, #SMChat combined forces with #UsGuysChat and we’re at it again. This week #SMChat will be joined by Kellye Crane, Karen Swim and the whole #SoloPR chat crew!
I’m a numbers-junkie who spent nearly 20 years at a direct response advertising agency where public relations was traditionally too “branding-only” for my “must-generate-a-measurable-response” taste. Since my DR agency days, I’ve broadened my horizons to marketing channels that are much more difficult to quantify and I’m now a fan of the bigger-picture of integrating paid, earned and owned media in marketing. It’s true, old dogs CAN learn new tricks! The goal of integrated marketing is to make all aspects of marketing communication such as online and offline advertising, public relations, direct marketing and social media work together as a unified force, which maximizes their market impact and cost effectiveness.
Kellye, Karen and the rest of the #SoloPR Twitter chat audience will join the #SMChat crew to talk about the combination of content, conversation and distribution as it includes social media and PR. Search Engine Land says you’re dead if you don’t integrate social media and PR into your SEO strategy and one of the old dog’s new tricks may be playing dead, but your brand should be as active as a puppy!
- Can you have social media without PR, and vice versa? A Huffington Post article suggests social media is public relations’ BFF – do you agree?
- Social Media Today states success in digital PR heavily relies on mastery of networking through online communities and social media. Is the emergence of social media a help or hindrance to PR?
- Hubspot has an e-book giving ideas on how to leverage social media for public relations success. What do you think is the most important thing for a successful PR campaign or strategy?
- David Meerman Scott says creating silos in companies for marketing and for public relations and for social media doesn’t work on the web, since there is little differentiation between types of content online. What can social media and PR pros do to work together better?
- How do you measure the PR / social media combo? SHIFT! Communications gives tips on measuring PR via social media audience growth, engagement and conversion, but we want to know your measurement secrets!
Do you have insights, answers or even more questions about social media and public relations? Leave a comment below and join us on the #SMChat Twitter chat on Wednesday, July 17, 2013 at 1PM ET so we can talk about it!