This week’s #SMChat topic is thanks to Creative Sage’s Facebook post about surprising social media statistics. It contained a link to the Fast Company article by Australian Belle Beth Cooper which contains not only stats on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest and YouTube, but some great infographics, too!
I reached out to Belle Beth Cooper on Twitter in hopes that she might be able to join #SMchat to provide more insights, but unfortunately with the time difference between US Eastern time and her time zone it would be 5AM and that was just a bit too early for her to attend.
So let’s talk about social media statistics that rock your world and might even change your social media marketing strategy.
1. Younger users aren’t the only ones on social media. How can you create content applicable to all ages?
2. 189 million of Facebook’s users are “mobile only” so what are you doing to be mobile-friendly?
3. YouTube reaches more aged 18–34 than any cable network. Product demos, team intros, what are other video ideas?
4. LinkedIn has 2 new users/sec but lower % of active social media users. How do you get “newbies” involved?
5. 62% of Marketers blog or plan to blog in 2013, 9% employ a FT blogger, so how is the content being created?
Join #SMChat on Wednesday, November 20, 2013 at 1P ET to discuss these questions and see what other surprises we can find! Can’t make it to the live chat? Feel free to share your questions or social media statistics posts below.