Waaaay back in 2008, just a year after Twitter spun off as its own company, I joined a thriving email list called Inbox Insiders. I learned more about email marketing and deliverability and most importantly, made connections with more knowledgeable people in the email marketing world by being a part of that list than I had my entire career up to that point. The list founder, Bill McCloskey, has launched several companies including Only Influencers (OI), a private “curated community” for email marketers that was built on the basis of Inbox Insiders.
This week, Bill will be joining us on #SMChat to talk about how to build an email-centric business. Here are a few of the questions I have:
- Tell us about Only Influencers – what is a “curated community” and how does it differ from other social media communities?
- What email-centric businesses have you developed? Do you know of any others?
- So, how DO you build an email-centric business?
- In a recent post on OI, you talk about launching a company using “influence” as capital, how do you find influencers and get them involved?
- It is said that “email is the original social media” – do you agree? Why or why not?
Join us at the #smchat Twitter chat on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 at 1P ET to learn Bill’s answers to these questions and provide questions and insights of your own! Have a question or response and just can’t wait until Wednesday? Please feel free to post in the comments below!