Since we haven’t talked about Social Media and SEO in almost two years, I thought it might be time to revisit the topic. Even though Google changes their algorithms often enough to drive a marketer crazy, one ranking factor that has remained unchanged is that consistently publishing relevant content is rewarded with better than average search rankings. One factor that is becoming more and more prevalent to increase your SEO ranking is the use of social media.
- Do you track your SEO/social rankings or aren’t they a KPI for you? What tool do you use or what other KPIs?
- Do you see a correlation between increased social media followers, mentions or engagement and SEO rank?
- What percentage of the time do you post your own content, someone else’s content, RTs or replies?
- Do you find your website traffic goes up when you “engage” on social media? How about your rankings?
- Are Twitter chats/G+ hangouts/Facebook or LinkedIn threads more effective for traffic/sales/rankings?
Why Social Is the New SEO
Social Media & Ranking In Search Results
Using Social Media and SEO in 2014
The Three Pillars Of SEO In 2014
7 Legitimate Ways That Social Media Impacts SEO
Social Media and SEO: What You Need to Know
Join us at the #SMChat Twitter chat on Wednesday, June 18, 2014 at 1PM ET to let us know what you think! Have a question, comment or insight and just can’t wait until the chat? Please post in the comments below!