Social media is constantly evolving, but it seems that this past month even more big news has been coming across my newsfeed (yep, I get my news ABOUT social media FROM social media). Let’s chat about some of the recent updates on social media platforms, such as:
- Facebook is lowering your organic reach again http://bit.ly/11APox2 – how do you respond? Are you changing your social media strategy to combat this change?
- Twitter indexes every public Tweet since 2006 http://bit.ly/1zByo4O so there will be many more search results. Can that help your marketing or will it just cause more “noise” in your searches?
- Snapchat and Square join for peer-to-peer payments http://onforb.es/11AQBob What do you think – are you willing to pay your friends with Snapchat?
- YouTube Music Key is Google’s follow-up to Google Play Music All Access http://yhoo.it/1xmv3ra Are there other opportunities for YouTube and Google to ?
- IBM just announced an email platform integrating social media, file sharing and analytics to learn user’s behavior and predict interactions with co-workers http://on.recode.net/1vnUqtC Is “big brother” really watching you?
- New ad-free social media platform Ello is making money thru t-shirts http://tnw.co/1wVFRIB Are you buying them? What’s next?
Join us to discuss these questions and more on Wednesday, November 19, 2014 at 1PM ET using the Twitter chat hashtag #SMChat. Can’t wait to ask your questions or have something that you want to discuss? Please leave a comment below! Also, if you ever have a topic you’d like to discuss during the weekly #SMChat Twitter chat, feel free to let me (or any of the moderators) know!