Happy 2015 and welcome to the #SMChat Marketing topic on a new week! In case you missed the news, Marketing is now on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 1PM ET and Customer Service has moved to the 3rd Wednesday of the month. We’re celebrating our move with a combo chat with #SoloPR!
When I discussed topics with #SoloPR chat founder Kellye Crane, she sent the following reply:
These recent posts have me thinking:
I personally feel that social media marketing is being integrated into other departments/functions (like PR). So while there’s definitely still room for social media specialists, they aren’t in a “siloed” department (or they won’t be for long).
Convince and Convert’s Jay Baer and Communications Conversations’ Arik Hanson have definitely given us food for thought. Jonathan Gebauer responded in this post on The Social Marketers: http://blog.thesocialms.com/social-media-department-future-answer-jay-baer/
So what do you think? Let’s talk about it!
- Should social media marketing be in its own department – why or why not?
- What functions will social media specialists perform in 2015? Is this different from prior years?
- When does it make sense to have specialized social media marketers at the table & when is it overkill?
- Are social media marketers burning out? Are the jobs disappearing? Both? Neither?
- Is social media #marketing for specialists only, for all employees, or some combination of both?
Join us to discuss these questions and more on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 at 1PM ET using the Twitter chat hashtag #SMChat. Can’t wait to ask your questions or have something that you want to discuss? Please leave a comment below! Also, if you ever have a topic you’d like to discuss during the weekly #SMChat Twitter chat, feel free to let me (or any of the moderators) know!