Many articles talk about how Facebook and other social media channels are creating a “pay to play” situation where non-paid company posts are only seen by a small percentage of their followers. Facebook is the one mentioned most, but Twitter and LinkedIn have paid ads as well. With Promoted Pins, even Pinterest is getting into the social media advertisement opportunities.
So I started thinking about paying for social media, but the actual performance of social media tasks as well as the strategy behind them and even the ads themselves. Let’s talk about it!
- Do you pay for/outsource your social media? Or do you provide outsourced social media services?
- What are the pros/cons of outsourcing social media marketing?
- Do certain types of posts perform better than others? Paid/non-paid, links/images, one channel or another?
- Are paid social media ads part of your marketing strategy? Which platforms do you pay for and why?
- What’s the next big thing in social media advertising? Where do you see it going from here?
Can’t join us on Wednesday or have a question you want answered before the chat? Please leave a comment below – we’d love to hear from you!
Here’s the link to the Transcript of #smchat 2015.06.10