We are in the 4th quarter of 2015…time flies, unless you’re on hold waiting for customer service and then every second seems like an eternity. I rarely find myself on hold these days because I am generally happier finding the answer myself or reaching out via social media, I’d rather do just about anything than listen to horrid hold music for another second of my life. Although the phone is still a preferred channel for some customers, online service channels have surpassed the phone as the first point of contact when an issue occurs.
Did you know, according to the 2015 U.S. State of Multichannel Customer Service Report published by Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Parature (infographic below), “98% of U.S. Consumers Say Customer Service is Important in Choice of, Loyalty to Brands?” Businesses who have delayed increasing the level of service provided to their customers should consider their choices, evolution or extinction. Customers continue to have increasing expectations in regards to customer service, is your organization ready to meet those expectations?
On the October feature of Customer Service for #SMChat, we will discuss the questions below regarding the future of Customer Service, service platforms, and opportunities for our organizations to improve. We hope that you will join us for the chat on twitter at 1 p.m. ET on Wednesday, October 21, 2015.
- How has your organization adapted to the changing customer service landscape?
- How does your organization plan for future customer service?
- What platform do you think will be the next big opportunity for customer service?
- As you enter new platforms, how do you continue to evolve your use of those platforms?
- How do you engage internal partners in the vision for continuous improvement in customer service?