We’re starting off 2017 by doing a combo chat with #SMChat and #SoloPR. We would love your feedback and insights as well. Please join us and be sure to tag your Tweets with both hashtags!
During a recent #SoloPR Twitter chat, host Karen Swim asked, “What areas/skills do you want to learn/improve in 2017?” Proactive business development was the #1 answer, but another interesting suggestion was how to use social media for engagement and not just broadcasting. So, let’s look at social media in a fresh way in 2017. It’s been around, we all know the tricks, but how do we actually use it to genuinely connect and get people to talk WITH us and not AT us. A few questions that come to mind:
- Social is all grown up. How should we view social media in 2017?
- What have we missed in measuring the effectiveness of social?
- Companies use social but are still a long way for many to become a social business – why the gap?
- Some social media channels are evolving to media companies, how does that impact our strategies?
- Have we become too reliant on social as a strategy?
- What practical steps can we take to create/improve engagement?
- Are there channels we should consider abandoning in 2017?