#SMCHAT is one of several hundred twitter chat communities that have sprung up over the last few years. It’s basically a way to have conversations with twitter.
As our name implies, we’re exploring the evolution of Social Media. Since 2012, we have been running 4 discrete “series” which are scheduled on specific weeks each month:
- 1st WEDS #TechTrends w/ Joe Ruiz @smsjoe Autom Tagsa @autom8 & Tony Stephan @OmnipoTony
- 2nd WEDS #Marketing w/ Sharon Mostyn @sharonmostyn
- 3rd WEDS #CustServ (Customer Service) w/ Amber Cleveland @ambercleveland
- 4th WEDS #SocialChange w/ Gigi Peterkin @gigi_peterkin & Chris Jones @sourcepov
- 5th WEDS (when there is one) is a bit of a grab bag, giving us a chance focus on new topics and key SM trends. Have an idea? reach out to host/founder Chris Jones @sourcepov
By twitter convention, we use a common hashtag, in our case #SMCHAT, so that tweets will be shared for those who want to be a part of our weekly virtual conversation. Most use a column in TweetDeck to track the dialog.
All you need to do is show up with your ideas, each Wednesday, 1pET.
Lurking (aka just watching) is fine. But we suggest you jump in to the Q&A.
And don’t forget to follow those you meet who have something insightful to say. Building your social network is one of the more powerful ways to use twitter. Hope to see you at an upcoming chat.
Thanks for stopping by.
Chris Jones Charlotte NC