Are you looking to build awareness, content, or insight in the social change space? Bookmark this page. Maybe #smchat #socialchange can help.
This is the home page for #socialchange, a monthly chat series that’s part of the #smchat community. Every 4th Wednesday we’ll meet at 1pm ET using hashtags #smchat and #socialchange. We’ll discuss topics that explore and advance key social change themes, allowing the direction of the conversation to evolve a bit as new faces and new voices join us throughout the year. We’ll stay focused on one subject area for a quarter (3 months) at a time, to allow us to build on prior topics and create some critical mass.
So what’s here is a rough outline, an initial agenda for 2016:
QTR1 1Q16 Healthcare
- “Health Tech: Helping or Hurting the Underserved?” 1/27
- “How Far can Web-based Medicine Take Us?” 2/24
- “Healthy Choices: Can Social Media fuel your Wellness Agenda?” 3/23
- Presidential Politics & Social Media
- Mobilizing the Base, with Mobile
- Is #Socialmedia Too Social for Activists?
QTR3 K12 Education
- Evolution of the PLN
- Social in the Classroom
- Social Learning
- Mobile Tech as Equalizer in Global Ed
QTR4 Energy & Sustainable Environment
- Renewables: How Solar & Wind may Shape the Future
- How Far can Recycling Take us?
- Water: In Search of Survival (Charity Water feature)
- Getting Smart about Global Warming
QTR5 Tools & Trends
- Matching Volunteer Match
- Counsellor Search & Match
- Game Changers: How Tech is shaping Non-Profit Landscape
Want to know more, or provide input? Do you know a practitioner or organization in these spaces that may want to participate? Post your comments & ideas here, or dm your #socialchange content moderators Gigi Peterkin and Chris Jones. We’d love your feedback.
Gigi & Chris January 2016