Garick Chan (@ilovegarick) April 18, 2012
#SMchat founder, Chris Jones made the recommendation to gather a few vendors to answer questions on their products as well as provide insights on general social media monitoring, measurement and engagement tools….and here we are! Our Wednesday, June 20th topic will be Social Media Monitoring, Measurement and Engagement Tools.
- Which tools do you currently use to manage and/or report on social media and why?
- Which functions are important for you in social media management tools? Dashboards? Analytics? Monitoring?
- Would you rather have a social media vendor or a consultant or both?
- How do you use the tools that you have? Has it helped social media engagement? Is it measurable?
- Hot seat – what questions do you have for the vendors and consultants that have joined us today?
I’ve had several companies respond that they will be attending – sysomos.com, brandwatch.com, sproutsocial.com, argylesocial.com, radian6.com, hubspot.com and kdpaine.com to name a few – last updated 6/20 with links and information on the framing post for several particpating companies in the order they arrived! :)
Company Name: Sprout Social
Twitter Handle: @SproutSocial
What makes your company different from the competition? Sprout Social is built for business. We’re focused on providing easy-to-use social media management tools to help businesses and brands engage with customers and get real value from their social efforts.
Company Name: Salesforce Radian6
Brand Name (if different): Radian6
Twitter Handle: @radian6
What makes your company different from the competition? Radian6 enables organizations to become Socially Engaged Enterprises, with the power to understand and gain insights about social media through metrics, measurement, sentiment and analytics reporting. Our social media listening, tracking, monitoring and engagement tools allow organizations to successfully employ a social media strategy and understand the impact the Social Graph and Social CRM have on their success.
Company Name: Argyle Social
Twitter Handle: @argylesocial represented by @carlsonjill
What makes your company different from the competition? Argyle helps businesses harness the social channel and bend it to their will.
Company Name: Marketwire
Brand Name (if different): MAP & Heartbeat
Twitter Handle: @Marketwire and @Sysomos represented by @40deuce
What makes your company different from the competition? There are a lot of things that distinguish Sysomos software from other
social media monitoring and analytic softwares. Some of these include:
- MAP (Media Analysis Platform) allows for unlimited queries with unlimited results on a two-year revolving door of data for doing social media research. No other company has a product that is comparable to MAP.
- 4-step spam filtering to remove unusable content
- Dedicated account managers for all clients to help with set-up, training, and continued success
- The most accurate sentiment analysis available
- Google analytics integration in our Heartbeat platform
To name just a few.
Company Name: KDPaine & Partners
Twitter Handle: @kdpaine
What makes your company different from the competition? KDPaine & Partners provides consulting and customized research to help you define and measure the success of your social media and traditional public relations programs. KDPaine & Partners offers a variety of solutions to measure value and effectiveness of social media and traditional public relations.
Company Name: HubSpot
Twitter Handle: @HubSpot
What makes your company different from the competition: HubSpot is all-in-one inbound marketing software that brings your whole marketing world together in one powerful, integrated system. We give you all the tools you need to make marketing that people will actually love–earning quality leads and loyal customers in return.
Company Name: Brandwatch
Twitter Handle: @Brandwatch
What makes your company different from the competition:
We’re very multi-lingual (the tool having grown up in Europe)
We have extremely hands on support (scored 9.6/10 in net promoter from our customers)
The tool is the most flexible in the market.
I’ll add any others as they come in…and we look forward to seeing everyone on Wednesday, June 20, 2012 at 1PM ET on the #SMchat Twitter hashtag – please join us and have your vendor questions ready!