Do you listen to podcasts? Marketing podcasts? Surely you’ve heard of Marketing Over Coffee and the podcast’s co-hosts, John J. Wall and Chris Penn? I first heard of their podcast in 2009 (that’s several internet lifetimes ago!) when they tested HTML vs. text email newsletters with some very surprising results, but these guys aren’t only about email. In fact, John wrote a book called B2B Marketing Confessions which is a comprehensive guidebook for putting together marketing strategy and tactics based on his first-hand experience of successes and failures in marketing.
We are honored to have John J. Wall join us for this week’s #smchat to share some of his insights on the art and science of social media.
- Is social media more of an art or a science or a combination of both? Why or why not?
- B2B Marketing Confessions has four key points, in fact four seems to be a theme with some of John’s blog posts, too – and 4 keys to the science of blogging and 4 keys to the art of blogging – so why four? What are the main points of social media and how do they compare to blogging or marketing in general?
- We’ve talked about breaking the email marketing rules with DJ Waldow; are you a rule-breaker or a rule-follower when it comes to social media?
- There are some “insider secrets” for trade shows in B2B Marketing Confessions – what’s your best “insider secret” for social media marketing?
- Awareness is a huge problem in marketing – both from the product and brand perspectives. How do you use social media to drive awareness, or do you mainly use it for sales, customer service or retention?
Join us at the #smchat Twitter chat on Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at 1PM ET to learn the answers to these questions and provide questions and insights of your own! Have a question or insight and just can’t wait until the chat? Please feel free to post in the comments below!